When it comes to caring for your 2016 Honda Pilot, the best tool you have is knowledge. Thankfully, the Pilot comes standard with a system that lets you know when there’s something you need to take a closer look at: the dashboard light system.
To help you get to know your vehicle and understand what these lights mean, the team at Braman Honda of Palm Beach has put together this Honda Pilot dashboard light guide with some of the most commonly seen lights.
This type of light is designed to let you know that you need to take action as soon as possible regarding some part of your Pilot.
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp: Commonly known as the check engine light, it indicates a problem with your Honda Pilot vehicle’s emissions control system. Make sure that your gas cap is on correctly. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, have it checked at your local Honda service center.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: This light illuminates to let you know that there’s a problem with the anti-lock function of your vehicle’s brakes. The brakes will work, but the anti-lock function won’t.
This type of light is designed to let you know that there’s a problem that needs your immediate attention.
- Brake System: This BRAKE light illuminates to let you know that the vehicle’s brake fluid is low. To be safe, pull the vehicle over as soon as it’s safe to do so and check the brake fluid level. If the brake pedal is acting normally and the brake fluid level is normal, call the service center for further direction.
- Charging System: This light illuminates to let you know that the vehicle battery isn’t charging. Instead of turning off the vehicle, drive to your local service center near Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and Greenacres and have them replace the battery.
- Low Oil Pressure: This light illuminates to let you know that the vehicle’s engine oil pressure is low. To prevent the engine from overheating, pull the vehicle over as soon as it’s safe to do so and check the oil level. If the level is normal, contact your local service center.
Take the Next Step
If your dashboard light indicates that it’s time to get your vehicle checked by a professional, visit our local Honda service center near Boca Raton, Greenacres, and West Palm Beach. The team in the service center at Braman Honda of Palm Beach is made up of highly trained professionals with experience working on vehicles just like yours.
We offer a convenient location at 5200 Lake Worth Road in Greenacres, FL, and convenient service hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 6 pm and Saturday from 8 am until 4:30 pm. To schedule a service appointment, visit our service page or give us a call at 561-513-4194.